Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whirlwind in Colorado

I've only been back for six weeks in Boulder and now I have to head out again. This time it's Shanghai as a Student Ambassador representing Boulder, the US and Asian Americans! Holla at your girl!
My experience back at home in Boco made me realize how much I appreciate the little things that make each place unique. Also, I have come to terms not be ashamed that I'm American, but it's wonderful to live here and I have much more respect for my community and especially the local home grown stores and everything in between that makes me blabber on about during my Kouyu speaking class at Beijing University.

Thank you Boulder. For all the wierd, eccentric atmosphere you have decided to concentrate here.
I also appreciate the skim milk, the cereal, and the fruit. My dad is pretty upset that I'm not really eating rice and noodles.
"Cereal? you're kidding me.....How can you eat that crap?"
That crap is what I enjoy. Go to your crap pile and leave me in peace

So far the US Pavilion has e-mailed us our pre departure reminders, our field manual and guide to prep us for the next three months. It's surreal again to think that I'm leaving Thursday morning and I have to be at Denver International by 3 or 4 am. Why is my flight to Chicago at 6 am? It's a violation of my sleeping rights. :-D

I hope for a good, drama free 3 months. Then again let's just hope I will have good roomate juju. My roomate better not drive me crazy and vice versa. *knock on wood

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment