Beijing got its second round of snow last night. Unlike the first time the snow actually stuck to the ground and accumlated up to a few inches of snow. As a Colorado native the sight of snow does not strike me as surprising. Though to the many other international students here at Peking University (mainly the Koreans) were overjoyed and were cheering from the top of their lungs. A few of my hallmates scrambled out to frolic about until 2 am. I should have gone to bed earlier....why didn't I.
6:30 Am : Alarm rings
*slams it off
7:00 AM
I've still got time...should've showered....*dozes back to bed
7:53 AM
I am officially screwed. CLASS IS IN 7 MINUTES
When it comes to anything in China (which I will further discuss when I have time) efficiency does not exist? Does anyone know about common sense? I guess it just doesn't snow a lot in Beijing.
When there is snow you shovel it the minute it blankets the ground what do you do? You shovel it. If the government is going to cloud seed and bombard the sky with thunder (I swear I heard planes when the thunder hit) then someone should invest in a few snow plows. It's not that hard.
Plus you don't bike when there is snow on the ground!! And it is pretty difficult to bike through that caked slushy snow right? And you call yourself the "Harvard elites" of China.
I've been studying non stop whether at the Bridge Cafe or in my room. I spent all of Sunday there, ordered lunch and dinner. Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment