Thursday, April 13, 2006

If I could interview any living person, I would like to interview the lead vocalist of the industrial metal band; Nine Inch Nails. This I because music has been a significant influence towards my own life and this band have inspired me greatly. For example, they have brought a positive input towards my personality and the social attitude that I have for this world. Their latest album, “with teeth”, which was released last summer has had a profound revelation for me because I was surprised at the style that they used in their rhythm and melody. In the past decade, the style of their music seemed to remain constant throughout the numerous albums that they have released. With Teeth seems to introduce a fresh, organic sense towards their lyrics, and break the boundaries for industrial metal.

This is one of the reasons as to why I want to talk to Trent Reznor. I am very curious to know what his influences are. One of this songs Every day is exactly the same has led to some questions that I had in mind, such as what is the background of this song and what is it that you imply with the phrase there is no love here and there is no gain?

I mean what is Reznor implying in that song?

There are several other questions that I would like to pose to Trent Reznor. One of them would be this survival of his band. Nine Inch Nails has continued through the 1990’s and the new millennium with much changes. My question is, how did he manage to make Nine Inch Nails survive and let alone how did he manage to maintain a band with the only survivor being just himself? Relating to that topic, how much motivation and patience does he have for a band that has lost and yet replaced members over a period of ten years?

Finally, I would ask about the issue of overcoming his drug addiction. Many fans of Nine Inch Nails have a mixed reaction towards the new album “With Teeth”. Some prefer the old music such as the 1999 release The Downward Spiral rather than the 2005 release of With Teeth. The question is that by overcoming your drug addiction has that brought a profound impact towards your own lifestyle and especially towards your dedication in Nine Inch Nails?

Posted 4/13/2006 at 8:10 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment