Thursday, April 13, 2006

I believe that there are several reasons as to why I should be selected to participate in journalism camp. The first reason would be my experience in journalism at the high school level. At Fairview High school, I have been fortunate to participate in yearbook for the past two years. This year I was appointed Editor of photography and as an editor; I emerged into a better leader. I was able to strengthen my leadership skills over the course of the semester from helping others with pages, to managing incoming deadlines.

Another reason is my growing interest for broadcasting. This year I was able to participate in community radio through a youth program “overdub” at KGNU in Boulder. This experience has allowed me to expand myself by learning how to express my opinions through a different type of media other than print.

Finally, my qualities as a person have greatly reflected my role as a student. I put much diligence into my work and work ethic. In addition, my organization skills and sense of responsibility has helped me balance schoolwork and yearbook.

I have pertained a lot of knowledge not only with photography, but also in leadership, and communicating well in a working environment. These opportunities have allowed me to grow as a journalist, become more focused, motivated, and let me understand that I have the potential to perform well.

Posted 4/13/2006 at 8:11 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment