Saturday, May 28, 2005

LMFAO I forgot to write that on Wedneday during block period 3 french class- we were all discussing about our futur oral projects with our partners..or groups. Since Nanxi's voice can be resonant throughout the class I kept hearing about their oral presenation ideas.

Nanxi: I hope that I can graduate from..high school *tries to translate in French, but fails
Nanxi: blah blah blah and go to harvard blah blah blah

I had to intersect through their discusson to get to the front of the room and ask Madame Joslyn a question, and then I jumped into the conversation because Nanxi wouldn't stop talking about the fact that her parents wanted her to go to Harvard. God damn it- why is that most Chinese people that I meet all want to go Harvard? Alright there was an article in several newspapers indicating that hey IVY SCHOOLS are losing their reputation. Most Universities are the same, but it JUST DEPENDS ON THE MAJOR YOU WOULD LIKE TO STUDY!!!!!!
I hate when ..there's several Chinese parents look down on me because I'm not in all IB & I don't want to go to Havard..or Princeton (okay I wish that I could get into those lovely schools, but it is not the dream that i've had at all..it's theirs..the parents I mean, and if they had the ability to get in, then they shouldn't be telling me about their dreams because apparently they did not come true..ouch)

Nanxi: but don't you want to get into Harvard?

me: uhhh no-i'm just gonna to go to C.U

Nanxi: but C.U..is a bad school

me: *thinking: I absolutley detest it when people look down upon the University of Colorado,
me: No C.U is not a bad school at all ..i mean i don't want to go to harvard..because what would I study there?

Nanxi: well I want to study music
me: yeah and how are you going to make a living?

Nanxi: ..well what r you planning on doing?
me: well..i'm planning on majoring in linguisitics, but here's my plan..i'll get my bachelors @ C.U and then transfer to Columbia (which is one of my choices )

Naxi: but you can just do directly to Columbia....
me: that would cost me loads more Nanxi

Note: (it's quite hilarious that she dosen't know that I can transfer to any University after college..sad sad) and I want to save some money for the sake of my parents (I guess she is just a spoiled-rich person who probably hasn't worked as hard as my family..and I hate when people look down on my family because were "low class" in the United States..but were not low in our thoughts/dreams)

Then Maria approached the conversation on how she wanted to study medicine-good for you..i hate needles so screw medical school for me. hehehe. I know it is useful..and my mom suggested that in 8th grade, but it's not my path @ all-and I'm just paranoid that I will most likely kill someone by accident, which would suck.

Oh oh here's the hilarious part: Nanxi is going to Shanghai to study for the SAT's because apparently there is a prepatory SAT school in Shanghai..and I looked at Alison who was sitting behind Nanxi, puzzled and very confused since...why the hell is there an SAT school in Shanghai...? This test only concerns students in the United States..and China should worry about their own National standard test. god.
Nanxi: but this school like prepares you for the sat..and it's really good..like gauranteed
me: *thinking: yeah right it all depends on how you approach their study ways..if your's sucks then your screwd...? I think so ..well that's what I believe.

This SAT prep class in Shanghai, China-okay Nanxi here's the thing: their are various SAT/ACT prep courses in Boulder that cost 90% cheaper than that class you are about to take this summer..are you just trying to waste your parents money for a flight on United to Shanghai? OH I REMEMBER NOW-this is probably an excuse to go to Shanghai so you can go see your cousin's boyfriend that you were "in love with" -wow you are something. if I was in love w/a boy in Shanghai (which is possibly true).i would just buy a plane ticket and get over their rather than wasting additional money on a SAT course, which like I've repeated in this log several times-YOU CAN JUST TAKE IT HERE!!!!!!!!!! or form a damn study group if your so DESPERATE TO GET INTO HARVARD!
Also..I wouldn't waste my summer over an SAT clas in shanghai, though I am going to study for the SAT's/ACT's here + enjoy the summer with my friends.

If..I was to go to Shanghai
1) i wouldn't waste my time over an SAT class
2) i would hang out with my cousin DiDy
3) roam around Shanghai
4) Buy loads of great apparel/shoes
5) Eat delicous food
6) Just live it
7) Hang around with Wang Wei and DiDy because they're very cool guys
Posted 5/28/2005 at 2:52 PM

2 Comments
Protected! Phew! Okay what i think. she could never get into harvard based on academics but maybe piano. her parents make an ample amount of money, but no, she's not rich. Her house is smaller than mine! SAT is a US test. Nothing in China will help you prepare. how are you supposed to do analogies? like: bird is to cage as water is to _____. I mean she would fail the vocabulary/analytical part of the SAT's. You can't possibly do it. Maybe math...but why take two SAT classes, and one over in another country.....please tell me if I'm right?
Posted 5/28/2005 at 9:54 PM by kangaroo_wu

lol, that's funny.

I absolutely hate it when Chinese parents have to blab on about how their kids are going to Harvard. And how every time they are at parties or meet new people, the first thing the parents ask is "How daz your son or dortor do in school?"

And your parents reply "Terrible! They will nerver be as goood as (name of Chinese person that does better than you)."

And their parents say "My cheeldren play piano and violin and plays tennis and badminton and ping-pong and blalalalalal they got a perfect 1600 on the SAT and they took the SAT in 2nd grade and they already applied for 30 different colleges and got accepted into all of them, especially Stanford and Harvard and bla bla bla bla bla bal bal blab."

It's sickening.

And I never liked Nanxi very much, see, I met her in 5th grade and she kinda gave me the look that says "Oh my god you're a loser go away." I didn't even like her before that.

And at least middle school wasn't so bad. But I still don't like her, which is partly why I quit Chinese school because I can't stand her being in the same room with me.

No offense to her, but she's kinda a whore...well, maybe she IS a whore, I don't know. Maybe she's not rich, but she acts rich.

My plan would be to go to CU, which is not a bad school at all. After majoring in something...I don't know, I'll decide later...I haven't thought that far.

Maybe I could take a medical field...after all, blood and guts and things like that don't make me move a hair. So I am theoretically fit to be a surgeon, if I should choose that path.

And by the way, you have to be the best of the best to even hope to have a music career. And one more thing: if music is all Nanxi wants to major in...then why go to Harvard?

Posted 5/30/2005 at 3:36 PM by blackhawk789

No comments:

Post a Comment