Saturday, May 14, 2005

Hey everyone, i just got back from Mrs.Hata's house meaning I had mine piano lesson. As of now after the recital [which in my opinion did not go ..quite as well as I hoped] I am playing Claire Du Lune, Valse by Chopin, and...so far that's it. Today I couldn't stop thinking about Comptine d'un été après-midi and how the melody of it resonants through the breeze-GO SEE Amélie now!!!! Please it is a great film.

Interruption: Chris, Mr.Biology is someone that you are not familiar with. Hush hush.

Anyways I remembered the last saturday (or..wait possibly two saturdays ago...around that time ) when I had my piano lesson, Mrs. Hata asked me if I had any pieces this summer that I wanted to play, for example a theme from a popular movie. Though at the time I said, "I don't really care". Still I really don't care which piece I should play because I believe that they all benefit my skills and knowledge of music. I honestly believe that anything can be beautiful as you move across the keyboard whether it's allegro or andante-poco. Just make sure that I can play at that level..which I suppose I could. So this week I surfed Borders music and Virgin and listened to the soundtrack of Amélie.
Today during my piano lesson after playing Valse, Mrs.Hata said during the summer I had enough pieces such as Claire du Lune..and Valse to play-then I think she then said "if you want to play something else..such as a piece .." At that point I think I slid in the words "from a film?" When I said that, she asked "what film?"
me: well have you seen the film "Amélie? "
Hata: no I don't think so
me: it's a french film-it has a lot of piano and accordian
after having a little talk about the music in Amélie I wrote down on her notepad (At the beggining of the lesson I wrote down Dad's work because she asked which restaurant did Dad work..and that's Cheng's Garden..first she wrote Chng...and that was wrong because I suck at spelling out C-H-E-N-G!! ..no i think she just didn't hear the "E"..oh well )
Well I wrote down
"Amélie"
and then I wrote down the part that I wanted to play, which is entitled "comptine d'un autre été après-midi " . Mrs. Hata then tried to read French,and do not worry it was not a huge disaster with liason and intonation but then I read it and mentioned "if I translate it (roughly) it means Nursery rhyme of a summer's afternoon" Mrs. Hata then realised that I was studying French and told me that (in her opinion) "such a charming language, but then there's letters that are written in a word yet you don't say them like..est or
me: "H"
Hata: yeah that too
OH OH she told me about a German guy who tried to read French and all his life he spoke German...hehehe not a pretty site lol. So now I'll have to look online like Mrs. Hata suggested because that's what Kristina does too. 1) surf the internet and listen to music 2) then somehow finds a free website where she can download the sheet music and print it..though the manuscript is TINY!!
Mrs. Hata: I don't know where she can find such tiny music..but don't worry I have the bigger one

ALRIGHT ENOUGH CHIT CHAT I AM OFF BECAUSE I AM GOING OFF ...TO watch another movie (that is French and a great novel too) "Chocolat" alright later
...i'm not only watching this movie because ..ahem Johnny Depp is in it but the novel was wicked

Posted 5/14/2005 at 7:1 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment