Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I will finally reveal my poem onto this dome aka Cupola14, which is entitled "The Train Station"

[Disclaimer: You can read it, enjoy it, cry over it...whatever, EXCEPT FOR COPY AND PASTING IT AND CLAIMING THAT IT IS YOURS!!!! You can use it as a resource FOR A LOGICAL REASON as long as YOU CITE IT, AND TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

The Train Station

I found myself

Approaching the final concrete step of a humid afternoon

With shoes scuffed with the dirt of Shanghai’s yesterday

Hands clamped onto a suitcase drenched with today’s air

I let the mind wander off into the madding crowd like a little child chasing the marble that ran away from a pocket

Until that buzz stung into my ear scolding me that it was 4:00

4:00; its time, time to start,

To start walking again

Through the midst of the summer air

Over the idle conversations of petulant strangers

Crouching down wheezing out that pout of dying help

And passing by nervous taxi horns and wailing Nokia’s

I crossed over the security border hearing the cry of 4:10

4:10; adidas thrashing down tiled stairs

A hand jerked out the handle

Releasing the suitcase

To skate across mosaics of tile

Until halting at the platform

4:20; There’s the train

Tinted white and blue

With the destination nailed in

“Shanghai via Lanzhou”

4:22 I climbed aboard

To find myself raising suitcases above my head

Passing them up above to my Aunt

But then I ran

Down the corridor

Hurdling over boxes and tourists

Feeling that surge of breeze as I

Fly down the little stairs to

Land on the platform and

See him again

Standing right in front of me

4:25 I hear the train whistle out its cry

I see the doors getting shut

Though I walked closer to him

So did he

Another howl surfaced

And I found myself in his embrace

With a hand stroking my hair

Shivers trailing up to my shoulders

Till Mandarin bellowed out

“Passengers please board now”

4:30; I see him through this pane of glass

Waving the endless farewells & fortunes at me

I look at him and closed my eyes to try and remember

His face, his laugh, & his voice before I lost it

He smiles

I smile back

The train jolts

Hauling me away

Into summer’s path again

He waves

I wave back

One last time

By Susan Wang

I will explain myself about this, and if you have questions: ask rather than hiding the pressure in the inside


Posted 4/13/2005 at 8:19 PM

1 Comments

Hey Susan, not bad. Just a question, that really happened, right?

Was this the one that got into Ellipses?

Posted 4/14/2005 at 7:23 PM by blackhawk789

No comments:

Post a Comment