Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where the road meets the sun

I've recently fallen in love with this song called "Where the road meets the sun" by Katie Herzig and Matthew Perryman.

The song starts out with a happy guitar striking a few notes
then little bells chime in
they begin singing
then a cello comes in with a haunting beautiful solo
"don't leave me here" they sing
"darling I want you"
"finding my way back to you"

then a slow dramatic crescendo into the climax
'and when its done we will walk where the road meets the sun'

Makes you kinda fall in love.
I see the sunrise slowly waking up behind the Flatirons
I breathe in the crisp air
aroma of cold grass and ponderosa sinks in
look out to the city
good morning

breeze of a calm afternoon sails past by
the sun gently shines over
my hair toasty warm from its glow
children pass by blowing bubbles
giggling as they hurdle through the grass
with their loveable golden retriever
I close my eyes and inhale
the sunshine
the lilacs
the laughter in the distance
as the shivers dance on my spine
silly that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment