Thursday, November 12, 2009

Swine Flu vaccine

Last weekend Peking University handed out free swine flu shots at the table tennis stadium. A classmate of mine e-mailed everyone in our program about the vaccinations. I was indifferent to get stabbed in my arm, but several classmates went and got the vaccine. One classmate by the name of Keegan had a severe reaction to the vaccine. I think he's recovering from his flu like illness, at least I hope so.

Since I have been shutting my eyes from sensationalist news like CNN and Chinese television I really honestly don't have a clue as to what is happening in the world. The New York Times and BBC are my only places I turn to. Just found out about how many swine flu deaths happened in the States; 4000. Then I just read about overwhelming swine flu cases in Asia. So far the bubble at university has trapped me from the outside. Somehow.

Currently uploading my photos from my Nanjing excursion. I apologize for not writing as much as I liked to. Homework and studying have been my focus for the past several weeks. Finally realizing some smarter study habits. As Mrs. McCleary said to our math class in high school "study smarter, not harder."

No comments:

Post a Comment