

Paper cutting's intentions were good. were at this cultural 'tourist trap' spot where we are to get a hands on feel for Chinese paper cutting. That back fired. The expert of 30 years felt we were not geting the big picture. We cut paper. It's not that hard. It's like cutting paper hearts out only more detailed. He forced CIEE teacher Zhang Laoshi to translate. That was even more painful. I thought we were here to learn/embrace Chinese. My cutout looked like a lobster. Lisa's and the majority did really well. Their butterfly looked fantastic. Nancy kept losing her patience and hers didn't tun out well so she begged for assurance from everyone. That was annoying.

After getting harshly 'graded' they herded us down to the next floor to guess what? Pressure us to buy more souvenirs (at jacked prices) I loathe being sent to places where they coax us into
buy buy buy! The pearls on the first floor. Lovely but NO!. The bus ride home rocked everyone to doze off and on. At the time I got to see the sun go down. Only in China would I see a bleeding red sun disappear..into the pollution filled atmosphere. So romantic.
No comments:
Post a Comment