Monday, October 19, 2009

Peking Duck




Last night through typhoon like winds, several of us managed to reach the famous Peking Duck restaurant on Chengfu rd. Somehow our driver (Merrin and I) had no idea where the Tsinghua tech center was. Fail. Then I realized 'Dre gave us some bad directions and then I realized it was the same restaurant that was on our Wudakou scavenger hunt. Oh well. My face was slapped around by high speed winds. Chapped? Yes. Though worthwhile after that taxi ordeal and mother nature.

The staff gives you a rundown of their restaurant's history while you order. They also show you the duck and then they slice the little guy up for you to enjoy. Plus they give you a card telling you your the....billionth, trillionth customer they've served. Fun stuff.


How to enjoy Peking Duck
-You get a condiment tray which includes a basket of thin crepes
- Take a few slices of duck
- spread some hoison fish sauce, put some cucumbers, garclis and pepper
-wrap up the crepe and eat


The different savory flavors along with he smoky flavor of the duck was amazing.
Aside from the duck, 'Dre also order a delicious tofu dish (seen here)

My existing prejudice towards Beijing's infamous roasted Peking duck has ceased. Perhaps it's due to he quality of the Peking duck that I've eaten in the past. They weren't very god. I suppose the well known restaurants are famous for a good reason. They know hot to roast their duck. If any of you make it to Beijing we can spend an evening at Quanjude 全聚德. Hopefully there won't be any typhoon like winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment