
I totally forgot to mention that I met my tutor on Wednesday. Her name is Chun Ting 春婷 and is an archeology major. She's really sweet. We walked around and she helped with handling the massive campus. Peking uni is huge. Your feet after a walk around. It's like a city within the city of Beijing. We visited Nameless games, the gyms, getting familiar with other facilities, and enjoyed the fantastic clear blue day.

Well Amy and I witnessed and hour taxi ride just to get a relaxing massage and facial at Beauty Farm. Beijing Uni is the north part of town and Beauty Farm is in the south. It is also an hour by subway. When we got back we heard about a school dance for International Students, but Pei yi was misinformed. Turned out it was just an extravaganza show. After that misinformation Amy decided to stay in, but I was in for a crazy night.
Last night was a failed attempt by many to go out. Sarah concluded that there had to be a night to celebrate her escape from 30 hr quarantine and "officially celebrate" her arrival in Beijing.
So after switching into a purple flower top we headed out but quickly went back into Shaoyuan when we saw Lisa, 'Drea, and Pei Yi. I switched into an LBD after enthuastic feedback from Sarah and Pei Yi. We tried piling into one taxi. Failed
Two taxis to Wudaoko! Thank you Amy for directions to Propoganda. It was just round the corner from the bookstore. Llisa nearly tripped by a pile of bikes. Close save. Damn did she look sexy! Natural long wavy hair. We all looked gorgeous.
Down to the dance floor and pratically everyone from CIEE was tearing up the dance floor. It was packed, but with barely anyone (the locals) dancing. I've noticed the tendency for local boys to just squeeze onto the dance floor, stare, bob the head or just pushing through. Felt like a mosh pit. We've also noticed the difference b/t the personaliy among western Asian girls and local Asian girls. It's mostly with confidence or have actual confidence. We danced, we enjoyed the music and hey blast to the past when Destiny's Child "Independent Woman" began playing. We gave the local boys a run for thier money.
No comments:
Post a Comment