If only I got a picture of this....the moments when one forgets the camera.
Amy and I were heading back to Beida campus from a very "girls day out" (Facials, hagen daaz ice cream ...need I say more?) and our cab routed by Tian'an men square. I have managed to avoid the so called traffic jams and 60th anniversary nationalism near the heart of the city, but yesterday it finally hit me. Tian'an men square is sealed off. Tall red pillars (56 of them) lined up, a giant screen tv...and security on every block. Amy and I were at Wangfujing pedestrian mall for the afternoon and you want to see intense security? The S.W.A.T team was out and about. In the cab we saw a S.W.A.T tank parked on the corner. It was quite the site.
60th anniversary in.....just a few days. Thursday everyone. mark your calendars!!!!
I know a few people who are apart of the mass displays and parade. I heard it's going to be intense. Don't know if it's like the Olympics. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment