
(NLGX is located near the bell tower. This is what i saw at sunset)
We proceeded to NLGX from Xidan where we met up with Jess, Lisa and Zhao Laoshi. Steph was right. This old Hutong lane was filled with all sorts of cute artsy shops. My 100 RMB notes flew out the window . I bought several Obamao shirts, cute Chinese strung notebooks, cute pencil bags an d the list goes on. In one store and adorable little girl had some xmas reindeer antlers that had many tiny jingle bells on the ends. She was a bundle of cuteness. She wanted her mom to join in on the fun, but her her mom has no sense of fun and refused to be embarrassed."NO NO I'm not a kid!! Don't put those on me!" Play with your children lady. Have a little fun. Yeah who am I to say your not a loving parent. But I love little children so I teased the kid and said, "you wanna put those on my head?" I asked. She slowly wobbled her away and tried to put the antlers on my head. I fell in love with antlers.
"Okay those antlers, how much?" 20RMB. Hmmm, 15 RMB since the berries on the left holly branch is missing. yes that's right.


Lisa fell instantly in love with the vintage stores. After eating so called "Korean fusion" at the Coree bistro (yes it's in French) [what fusion? ] the vintage store "bye bye disco" was closed. THOSE LIARS! You said you closed at 10! It's 8!!
"NOOOO" she protested. Tomorrow were coming again. Lisa is leaving in three days. It's worth it.

The very next day we trekked back to NLGX in the freezing cold to find more spoils. Lisa found many cool items including a vintage track suit jacket and these big bloomer pants. I found a baby snatching bag. Instant love.


I heard this awful belching noise while we were heading to the bus. I realized it was coming from two geese. It sounded terrible. And then you realize, "why are there geese roaming around?"
No comments:
Post a Comment