Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nanjing Day 2 Morning Walk

Last night we ventured after some a well thought out satisfying Italian meal at Bella Napoli (with Devon, Mary, Amy, Jess, Jill, Lisa, Sarah, Clarissa, and Merrin!!) some of us ventured to Henan rd to discover the street snack 'munchie ave" but it was closing up shop around 10 pm. So we went to Dist 1912 bar street. taxis are cheaper in Nanjing, but they add 1 RMB for fuel tax. The club ended up as if I entered a scene in Moulin Rouge. (like that Masquerade scene in Romeo + Juliet drenched in red). EXCESSVE. Bottles of XO, creme marnier, whiskey were opened on every table. More expensive liquors were also being brought in and out as party girls please their fat business boyfriends as they puff away on some toxic cigar.

By the end my clothes were drenched in cigar/cigarette smoke. I slept bare naked since I forgot my pj's. The one thing to bring on trips. Sleeping wear. No one really enjoys smelling like you were drenched in tobacco.

But as the title states, I should be talking about my morning walk.


I managed to find some clean clothes and actually crack my eyes open wander a little. Here's what I found
1. The confused baby



2. Big sunglasses man and small cat




3. THE CUTE KITTEN



4. The old brooding brods of Nanjing



4. Grandma on the run!!!!!!!!!! (By far my favorite. I was so thrilled that I manage to catch this)



5. Lanzhou styled noodles in Nanjing? [Authentic Lanzhou beef noodles the sign says] Everyone all over China is crazy for Lanzhou styled beef noodle soup. Is this legit? Looks can be deceiving. My fellow Lanzhou chums have always said "it's not the same" when they try something like this outside of Lanzhou.


6. Fat baby at the dumpling shop. Don't you want to give that baby some fish kisses?


Now I'm siting down in a little restaurant eating some soup dumplings that are hot from the steamer. What's on the agenda for today? Hopefully I can go to the Nanjing massacre memorial hall. Not a light subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment