I was initially looking for the Jesuist library and it happened to be down the street. This library contains a beautiful colelction of books pre-1949. Books open to the public were amazing to look at. I held my breath when I opened a book and felt my fingers turn the smooth vanilla pages. Some books dated back to the turn of the century.

We got a tour of the hidden library. Once inside you're greeted with a musk of old books and a breath of cold dry air. You're surrounded by mahagony bookshelves and rolling laaders, staircases that lead to the upstairs. Scare texts, theology, psychology, and literary works in so many languages (Greek, Latin, French, English) The oldests books date back to the 19th century and even earlier. The Jesuits brought a lot of literature during their missions. Our guide gently opened an Old Testament/New Testment for us and it dates back to the 1500's. The volume was enormous and the illustrations were drawn in such a delicate manner. i was amazed by this beautiufl collection. It was the little library that I've always wanted to escape to, sit in an arm chair and enjoy a book.
For you clausterphobes and those with lung problems then this might not be a good idea.
Dinner @ Paulaner Munchen: Bavarian food/alcohol. I guess the taste buds really missed the feta as I took a bite into Aunt Dong's Greek salad. I hope that from the 31st onward I will only let mself experience a more oriental perspective. No more bad junk food, sandwiches, and pasta on a daily basis.
Yeah right.
No comments:
Post a Comment