Monday, August 17, 2009

"3 words: I love you" A segment found in a new song broadcasting on Chinese MTV ft. rap sensation "MC Hotdog." I'm not joking. That's his rap name. I looked carefully on the screen. Now they're showing Green Day's "21 Guns."

I arrived in Shanghai five days ago. It's been a non stop ride. We got out and wander for hours. I decided to stay in today. I woke up with a lower back pain. Sucky.

You get a different vibe in Shanghai. It's pretty obvious: Cosmopolitan, glamourous, classy. People are always on the go here. Fashion doesn't let the humidity bring it down. People here do care about their appearance (both genders apply). It's as if I'm surrounded by models from Urban Outfitters.

There's a sad history here when we unloaded everything into 208 drive. "It feels great to be home." my parents said. Were staying at Aunt Dong's house. Originally the entire Jiao Zhou road belonged to my Great Grandfather (biggest salt monopolizer in the early 20th century apparently). However, due to communism the size of his wealth was reduced to one dwelling; a 4 story English townhouse. # 208. The first floor was taken over during the revolution by squatters. Assholes. Finally 2 years ago Aunt Dong got it back. Now we have 4 floors again. Normal. Were still adjusting that the 1st floor is ours again.

A late morning thunderstorm is coming down. I finally heard thunder. It's starting to pour now. Typical summer weather. Lady Gaga just appeared on the countdown w/ "Paparazzi." How does she dress like that??? So tasteless.

No comments:

Post a Comment