Word on the street is my Mum and Dad arrived back in their hometown of Lanzhou. Lanzhou happens to be located in Gansu province with similar climate and geography to Colorado. Only exception; the pollution and the Han Chinese people as a majority. With a limited vacation schedule my parents hopped on a place from the capital (Peking) to Lanzhou. The distance is like from New York City to Denver. Their plane ticket fee included airport shuttle service, which is nice seeing the fact my Mom enjoys being 'Santa Claus' and distributes an array of American goodies to all her friends. When they left the airport to seek the shuttle service, they came out with 8 pieces of luggage. 2 carry on, 2 check in. People were startled by the site of their amount of luggage. "What planet did you come from?" most likely came across the public mind.
A shuttle bus pulled in.
My parents flags the driver down. When the driver took a look at their pile he quickly said 'forget it!!" and sped off as if fearing for his life.
Shuttle bus take 2
Okay so my parents managed to find a brave soul who was willing to put his life on the line for a couple with a lot of baggage. Ha. Seriously the amount of luggage my parents took with them looked like a trip prepared for the North Pole. Oy!
While in the shuttle bus
My Dad was getting the feeling that their driver was trying to earn more money that day by driving around in circles. In truth that guy was ripping them off. So this ensued with a heated argument...as far as I'm aware of.
"so why the hell are you taking us in circles..?"
response "look buddy you've got a lot of luggage that I have to carry around in my car and this (driving around) can cover my cigarrette money, I need that money."
Dad: I'll give you some money, ball money!!
English translation: Here's some money, suck my balls!!
i am sad i didn't get to see you. i am sorry i drown in my sorrow that is the mcat. i hope you're well. i love you very much. update this blog often! (:
ReplyDeleteAhh what I would give to see your father fighting in China. I hope all is well. I move out this Thursday, Abby still left somethings, but hey now they're mine!!!! I'm watching Samantha Brown right now, She's in Xian eating jiao-zi, or as she says,
ReplyDeletejee-yaoo ziii. What a tool!!! Are you not using Facebook? I guess I'll just have to keep up here.
Zaijian!