As I was waiting for the ENGINEERING library to transfer a call to the Norlin branch I checked my e-mail. I was quite anxious the whole day because I found out that the Gilman scholarship would notify people on June 5th 2009. So I was a day shy. "Crap, now I have to wait another day" I thought to myself and that made me feel vexed and slightly stressed out. Then finally around 4 or so possibily even 5 o'clock I checked my e-mail while I was on the phone with a customer. The webmail page began to load when I discover my inbox stamped with the bold "(1)". Hmm new e-mail woah it's from Gilman. "GILMAN AWARD NOTIFICATION" I nervously clicked on the e-mail. My hands started to quiver a bit and I read the e-mail slowly and discovered that the GIlman scholarship was to award $5000 for my study abroad trip. I whooped and yelled in the library while on the phone. I didn't realize that the patron was put through and he heard the ordeal.
"Sounds like your having a lot of fun at work."
"OH MY G-hello!"
" you having fun? "
"yes sir.....*inhales what can I do FOR you?!"
*after the phone call, Susan frolics around the back room of the circulation area. She frolics into Scott's office feeling very excited and in a state of pandemonium.
*Susan gets off work around 6:00 pm, she first made a phone call to Tim Tam, then called her Aunt where she spilled the great news as she talked with a giant grin on her face.
later that evening she heads to Tim Tam's house where she blurts out the news. This is because her Aunt and Tim were one of the first people she really wanted to tell. Plus were close by. Tim was a bit jealous but very proud and told me that I really deserved it. We watched a bit of tv while Tim was on the phone with his bank and then I wanted to look up if 'Ichiban" was open (Cathy Koo's restuaruant) and I sorta wanted to go there (hint hint) and found the # on google maps. I called and they were open.
"ICHIBAN!!? Let's go there, come on let's celebrate"
Posted 6/5/2009 at 1:7 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment