Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A few months or perhaps weeks ago I had a few friends over for dinner. In addition to my friends, my parents decided to invite a few of theirs along for a weekend dinner party. This is when I first met Kim Jong Il or perhaps his doppleganger in female form.
She was the mother of my parent's friends. Her hair in the style of Kim's fro, her squared coke rimmed glasses and her short physique. Was she not Kim Jong Il???? For a few minutes I kept this observation to myself, but the idea couldn't stop screaming from my insides. So I turned to Tim.
"Tim, the Grandma over there...okay doesn't she look like Kim Jong Il?" I whispered
"I was thinking the same thing!" he exclaimed.
After this moment of freaking out we turned to Anna and Tory and explained this phenomenon that we discovered. Laughter ensued quickly. It's bad enough to compare a nice elderly Chinese woman to a disturbing North Korean dictator. Maybe to others, this could be a compliment.
During dinner, none of us could stop thinking about the Kim Jong Il doppleganger and the irony kept bringing us more amusement when lo and behold she sat at the head of the table. This was too much for me.

Dinner with Kim: Episode II "Did she just touch my ass?"

My parents typically host many dinners at their house just to have some company and above all; enjoy some delicious food. The overcast chilly May day prompted my Dad to make Lanzhou style Beef noodle soup for everyone's empty bellies. Everyone arrived around the early evening hours of 5-6 enjoyed the pre-dinner conversations. As tradition
Posted 5/12/2009 at 1:4 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment