Afterwards I gave both my roomates rides to work, which made me feel happy that they didn't have to trudge through the gloomy weather of a Saturday morning/afternoon. The clouds dampened the sky, a light rain scattered across the city, it was misty and cold, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed staying in, the warmness of my apartment and the view of the soccer field that had been covered with a mist made it even cozier. I watched a little tv and I tend to abuse the three HBO channels that we have :-D. After watching an episode of "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and snippets of Ocean's 13 ( I swear that movie is filmed through la vie en rose) I decided to open my book "The No.1 Ladies' Detective agency" and lie on the couch while listening to Miles Davis.
When Jess came home, the amount of procrastination increased. The devl Belfagor entered our souls again as we fooled around on "Photobooth" and searched for music videos on youtube pertaining to our music tastes when we were teenagers. Finally I decided to sort the dishwasher, spruce up the living room, and do my laundry for the first time at my apartment complex. Sorry Mom, you can't intercept my laundry this time! AHA!! Jess generously let me borrow some laundry detergent for my load and we discussed Michael Jackson's moonwalk during the process. Our black flat heeled shoes brought up that discussion. While my dirty clothes went through their transformation, tumbling over and over, I decided to make scones. There has been a bag of scone mix in the cupboard for several months....something had to be done. Orange and currant scones are delizioso.
By 7:00 I did my laundry, cleaned, showered, baked scones. Housewife much? Well first off, I'm not married and second off, I do not feel oppressed when I'm doing my chores. It makes me happy.
Lisa dropped by around 6:30 to return my flash drive that contained so many beautiful photos of Alex Kopranos of Franz Ferdiand. At the time I was dawning pj pants and a running jacket and when I got off the elevator to get to the 4th floor, the doors opened and welcomed Chester into my viewing range.
"You ready for tonight?" said Chester
"...oh yes! right...okay shit I should get dressed."
By the way Chester; AWESOME JEANS!!! You and Tim both have very nice taste in jeans or maybe jean companies actually design decent looking clothes for men :)
7:35
As Julia stated in facebook, 'were meeting in front of building B at 7:35" and for once I was right on time, same with Julia and Chester. When we got to the front entrance it was only us. Julia said, "oh wtf where is everyone....their late!!"
8:00; Chester: party of 10....arrive at the Olive Garden. Prom night is in full swing, we encounter the youngsters in their tacky outfits and well groomed hair...eating at basically a fastfood chain...
(Personal note: Prom can suck or prom can rock. From my experience senior prom sucked major balls, junior prom was fun except the fire alarm kept going off...smooth. Why spend 300$ on 4 fucking hours..yeah fuck that dude) I got to talk to Louis, Arthur and Jeremie, not to mention Julia and Chester. We discussed how random all the splashes of Italian lexicons found all over the restaurant and how most of them do not make any sense. For example "Pasticerria...followed by the word "biscotti" ...then followed by the word "pincocinni" or something like that....yeah pretty bad.
I got to talk to everyone and get better acquainted with the people I didn't really know. We all talked about how we all met eachother; out of pure coincidence, fire alarms pulled at 3 am in Building B, people getting drunk, and finally Julia made everyone 1) introduce themselves 2) why they love her. It was funny, and finally when she was about to blow her birthday candle out I asked "now ....tell us why do you love us???"
10-1am ...CLUBBING @ VINYL
okay my ears have been abused this week. I went to two concerts on Wednesday and Friday (on the same street and at different venues) and had a bass beat hammer my ears, but hey it was fun (except that one guy tried to follow me as we all headed upstairs...okay just because we danced or you pretty much tried to dry hump me it doesn't allow you the damn right to take my hand and try and follow me upstairs....PERV!!)
et puis....Julia got kicked out of Club Vinyl. We stil love you.
Posted 4/26/2009 at 5:17 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment