Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday January 17, 2008
I'm taking a "Issues w/Asian Americans" course...and my friend mentioned that it's best type of therapy for me ..I guess it is, because I've been having problems with self-identity. Am I Chinese American..American Chinese...Asian American? or just American...or Chinese?

Am I happy?
or am I just happy for the commune..? (family I mean)
what I'm doing in college is it for me or the benefit of my parent's pride?


It feels like when I do something for myself...it's to impress my parents and not anything else, and I'm confused as to whether I can have my own pursuit of happiness. I know I can, I'm just afraid at times to speak out for what I want, how I actually feel instead of just hiding or putting on a mask.

What am I afraid of? ...why should I be afraid anyways?
Why am I afraid of speaking out the truth..Why am I always toning down how I actually feel about situations...why am I so docile?

Why can't I rebel...
why am I so shy?
Posted 1/17/2008 at 2:57 PM

1 Comments
This is a question I've asked myself a million times. As the children of first generation immigrant parents, we're kind of a lost generation. But, the Irish, Italians, Jews, and Russian immigrants all had to go through it, so it's just a part of our culture growing up.
Posted 1/18/2008 at 7:7 PM by Thinktank58

No comments:

Post a Comment