Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goth for a day: Scaring the shit out of everyone

Tuesday March 20, 2007
Today was the last day of the sociology spirit week. For those of you who are not sure as to what sociology spirit week is, I will explain it to you.
At Fairview, sociology is a half semester class and since I am in second semester sociology, there is no point in having a final exam, so we are having a mid-term. The mid term is important, and there is a lot of information that we have covered since January. Anyways, Mr. Billington offers an opportunity to bring notes to the mid-term if and only if we fully participate in the sociology spirit week.
So we had four days of spirit week, and the first day we had to dress up as a famous sociologist and you had to prove the person existed 2) Dress up as a value and today 3) Social Mor-ay or Fauxquay.."breaking a social norm" i.e: wearing underwear over your pants...yeah you tend to not do that in society

So ...today I went and decked myself out in goth apparel. You could say that I dipped myself in the mouth of the goth culture and voila; it's Susan as a goth.

Basically, the result; I scared everyone including my friends. Classmates didn't recognize me in the hallways, and even in the classroom until I got their attention..and scared the living daylights out of them. Even my teachers didn't really recognize me. It was amusing. I even got into character, the first thing that I did upon entering 1st period sociology was imitating the basketcase from the Breakfast Club, with my head down...hair down ...and hunched.
Mr. Billington just laughed..i had to laugh too.

Everyone (friends, classmates) were all asking, "are you alright?" or " is something wrong?" or
the best question: " ...what happened to you???!!"
or "....looks like you've got a new look...why??"

"Susan...why??? why are you doing this...is it for sociology? oh please tell me it's JUST FOR SOCIOLOGY and NOT SOMETHING ELSE"
" Susan...did you have some sort of identity crisis over the weekend or since yesterday??"

"what did you do???? why???"

"Susan the EMO LOOK IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU"
me: I"m NOT EMO...DOn'T MAKE ME CUT MYSELF


" ...do you need to talk??" - teachers/etc

" Nice look" - Mr. Wozniak (science teacher)
" AHHHHHHH YOU LOOK SCARY" - Mr. Albritton (former chemistry teacher)

"Susan...now is it just for sociology b/c i would understand..now if it's something else...then I was about to have a little talk with you about it"

"Susan that's not your look plz...stop"

"OH MY GOD MY LITTLE ASIAN AWW YOU LOOK SO GREAT" -Lisa Smith (my friend)

" SUSAN???!!!! oh MY GOD!!"

"OH LA LA VOUS ETES BIZZARE" -Madame Backer (former French teacher)

" Intense" -Vee Vee Cai

"OH my GOD...oh MY GOD??!"

Susan: hey Erin
Erin: WOAHHH
Adam: WOAHH...Susan...nice....oh my god what did you do
Susan: NOTHING

Ben: AHHHH SUSAN WHYYY

Steve: looking gothic ehh???

Reed: YOUR PULLING IT OFF SO WELL

Marcus: oh my god Susan, YEEAHHH!!! WHOOOO

ANgie: ahhh Susan, you scare me ..i don't know what to do

Thomas: ...*looks at me* ....no...just...no

Susan: hi guys
Benjy/Karthik/Pavel: ...oh ...OH NO...SUSAN....SUSAN....
Karthik: WOAH WAIT....THAT'S SUSAN??!!!!!!!!! ....WOAH....OH my god

Pete Weil: YEAAHHHHH SUSAN

Ryan: hey susan, you look nice (he's a punk)

Ms. Hicks: Susie-Q what happened to you???

Ms. Passarelli: ...so is that for breaking social norms?
me: no i just want to look like this for a long time

Noah: ....i was thinking; are you okay? becuase you don't have to do this if something's wrong..i mean damn i was like what happened girl

John Feeney/Elliot: you gave me a fright this morning, the FIRST person that I saw this morning breaking a social norm was you and i was like "SUUSSAN???!" *eyes widen

Travis: i just can't even look at you the same anymore (during precalculus)

Mrs. Soderlund: ..hey susan..oh my goodness!!!

Mr.Thompson: hey...nice look..with the makeup..and stuff...what's gotten into you? (IB MATH HL teacher)

Mr. Burns: ....woah Susan....what's ...geeze (Mentor @ FHS)

Mr.LaRue;;OH so that's why Skyler was wearing a bunny suit...i see...

me: i just want to walk into an Asian supermarket and scare the crap out of people

Marlene: ...so are ...why are you dressed like this...are you pretending..to be..Marilyn Manson or something?

Grace Uhls: ....is that for soc?? ...*replies yes* ...you are so scary, sketchballs

whitney: did you explain to Greg (yearbook advisor) as to why---
me: yes
whit: oh good

Mr. stott: so I need you to upload the deadline 1 and two stuff onto the Mac's *not look at me, back faced me
me: alright (then Stott turns around from getting stuff from the closet)
Mr. Stott; AHHHHHHHHH!

Kaitlyn: i think it's a good look for you

Claire/everyone in soc: oh my god Susan....or YEAHHH...or just pure hysterical laughter

Mr. Albritton: WEI WANG IS SO SCARY...WHY ARE YOU SO SCARY????!!!

Lindsay: oh I can't believe you did this ....this is awesome




Posted 3/20/2007 at 10:41 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment